|Thirteen Things about Leanne, Thursday, December 8, 2005
My other Thirteens
1. If you are a Thursday Thirteen regular or beginner (planning to be regular) and haven’t added yourself to the blogroll, you can do so here. I think that will really encourage regulars to try to stay in touch throughout the week.
2. Obviously, I’ve added a new theme to the selection of TT Tables. It matches my new theme, no? Yes? I think so. :)
3. I was so very proud of myself for reading all of the 13’s last week! Yahoo! Everyone I linked, I read, and I read thoroughly. I believe I left a comment with everyone, too. Go me! There’s so many, it took me hours, but it was so worth it. You guys are just too cool, I’m so glad my regulars are my regulars – you know who you are!
4. I received a phone call the other day from Canada. Strange, I thought. I answered the phone and it was someone calling from Pizza Hut. Wierd. He said “Can I speak with the person who recently ordered a Pizza Hut Pizza?” very nicely. I said “No, you cannot!” very nicely. He said thank you, I said bye. Why do those people even make phone calls? A phone bank for preffered pizza orderer inquires? Wha? Poor guy. He should just deliver, I’m sure there’s more money in delivery.
5. I sing. A lot. Did you know that? Sometimes I sing off-key, sometimes I’m dead on and (I think) am pretty good. Today, not so good. I would sound like Elaine from Seinfeld, if you can imagine what she sounds like with her nose plugged. I couldn’t even compare myself to Karen Walker’s squeaky little voice from Will & Grace, good gravy that woman can sing. Did you know that? Here. Listen to her here, tell me I’m wrong.
6. I had a total meltdown this week after painting for about 15 minutes. I was in the groove, which took me all day to get into – and within 15 minutes it was shot. I lost it. I threw my painting in the garbage and have to start over now. Yes, even I have fits of “artist like” behavior. There’s no way I could have gotten back into that painting when I would have related it to frustration. Better to start again.
7. I’m finished with a book I bought, The Regime. It was incredibly good. I’ve already read the Left Behind series, and this one seems like it should have been the first in the series. It was neat to go back, refresh my memory on the characters. The rest of my series disappeared along with my brother, my second set from the secondhand bookstore are in Iraq, so I’ll have to buy a new set to re-read.
8. I haven’t gone to the gym in a couple of weeks. Maybe even a few weeks now – I can’t remember, and that’s not good. My back doesn’t hurt – and that’s great, but my hips have reminded me – ever so soft and jello-like – that I haven’t been. I hate them. I would like to retaliate against them with my treadmill, but I’m in the Christmas laze now. Isn’t that what it’s called? I’m in need of motivation (along with last weeks attitude adjustment, someone better get on the ball sending me my stuff)!
9. Tussinex with Codene is my friend.
10. Clara is my friend too, and she just had a birthday yesterday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY CLARA! I do like you better than the codene. Pinki swear. Oh yeah, speaking of “PINK”… (hint)… what’s new? (C’mon, share with the class.)
11. That’s mistletoe up there, you know.
12. I get really frustrated (every week) because there’s this thing I keep meaning to include, this thing that I haven’t shared before, and I can’t EVER remember what it is when I sit down to write my 13 things. Completely at a loss. Why can’t I remember this thing? It’ll come to me in the middle of the day one day and I think “yup, that’s the thing, I’ll put that in this week” and then it’s gone. ARGH I hate when that happens.
13. I have not had any froo-froo lattes this week at all. I have been sitting on my tushie in my pajamas with this doopid duffy head. I am sad that I haven’t had any froo-froo lattes, and if the blizzard we’re expecting stays away, I will have to go get one today or tomorrow. What flavor do you latte lovers recommend I try?
BONUS: Lisa is giving away a blog design! You need to go read this post that will tell you how to include yourself in the drawing. Make a NY’s Resolution post on your blog, trackback/link to the entry at EW’s Design Blog. Go on and read all about it here.
LINKS LEFT IN COMMENTS:
(may or may not be duplicates, I’ll check this later! oy! LOL)
1. Mary @ Fireflies & Frogs
4. Lisa @ The Shizzle
5. Dawn @ Neville Farm
6. Heather @ This Moms Life
7. Nancy @ Crazed Mom … first timer!
8. Cynthia @ VIP … first timer!
9. Jenny @ Jenny’s Journal
10. Colleen @ Loose Leaf Notes
11. Texas Ivy
14. Sandy….the first one to join the TT Fun!
15. Judy @ Insecure
16. Susie @ SusiePie … first timer!
17. Colleen aka Chickadee
18. Sleeping Mommy
20. Megan @ The Color Purple
22. Jennifer @ Happy at Home
23. Holly @ Crazy Momma
24. Shelli @ Shelli’s Sentiments
27. Lisa @ The World According to Me … First Timer!
29. Yellow Rose
30. Jen @ Jen’s Horde
* * * * * MY BLOGMARK * * * * * (I’ve read everyone above this line!)
31. Carolyn aka Prairierose
33. Lisa @ JAG
35. Sugar Mommy
36. Twisted Cinderella
37. Lindsey @ Suspension of Disbelief… First Timer!
38. Mrs. Fun
39. Netchick… First Timer!
40. D @ Straddling the Line
43. Kathy @ Lazy Daisy Log … First Timer!
46. Better Safe Than Sorry
48. Emily @ My Blather
49. DivaP … First Timer!
50. OldOldLady of the Hills … First Timer!
53. Ivory Frog
BLOGROLL: Please check my sidebar for the TT Logo and Blogroll. If you’re not on it and you participate in the TT, You can ADD YOURSELF TO THE TT BLOGROLL HERE!
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants
For those playing, claim your blog at Technorati to get on their listing if you haven’t already!