My other Thirteens
2. I hate the drive to the dentist. I get sweaty palms, heart palpatations, and I’m entirely too nervous.
3. I’m curious to know what kind of masochist thought palate injections were better than nitrous oxide.
4. You know you’re getting old when you have m-w.com open to check spelling, and need to check all three of the “hard” words in #3. Doh.
5. When the assistant said “do you have any of the bitter taste left in your mouth?” I replied “Nope, just the memories…”
6. That would have been funnier if you had a nitrous oxide mask on right now.
7. My biggest fear yesterday was choking on my own tongue.
8. My second biggest fear was snapping one of the files off in my canals when they left me alone for a half hour to develop films.
9. Did I mention I had a root canal done yesterday?
10. My head doesn’t hurt at all today.
11. Now that I’m not distracted or on pain pills, I can feel the back pain again.
12. I hate that Dentists charge $770 an hour. Really. Isn’t that a bit pricey for an hourly wage? Okay, overhead. $50. Get real, you’re valuable, but you’re not more important than a physician, mister. Yesterday I needed you, and today, you’re going to take 2 weeks wages from some other poor sap in pain.
13. One good thing of all of this – he was NICE. He was a good dentist (endo), he explained exactly what was going on, and today? I don’t feel like there’s an axe embedded in the left half of my face. Aaaah. Thank God for Root Canals.
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants