My other Thirteens
2. I could use a roll of duct tape for that, Mom.
3. I am grieving the loss of two beautiful shade trees this week. They’ve been hacked.
4. I do seriously wonder if that’s so “good for the trees” how trees ever managed to survive before man came along to make them “healthy”.
5. I watched as a limb fell and a squirrel was flung to the ground – he scampered to find shelter across the street.
6. Instead of simply apologizing (“woops, sorry ma’am” would have sufficed) for one large limb breaking the peonies that I’ve spent 5 years trying to grow, the guy spent entirely too much time telling me they grow back and I should mow them over. After he told me the “water’s just weighing them down”.
7. By the end of next week, I hope to have an entirely different perspective – because right now I would give my last piece of Apple Pie to the first person to arrive with and help me pack up a U-Haul van. By the end of next week, I shall have solitude while I work. I am determined.
8. I made myself THE yummiest reuben sandwich EVER for lunch today.
9. I have my next Eye Ate It™ piece prepared, but haven’t painted it yet. Tomorrow.
10. I didn’t know until this morning that I received three awards, not two, for my entries into the Putnam Museum Bird Photography contest. I thought that my Peacock was the only one to receive awards, but my Portrait of an Eagle also received Honorable Mention in the Eagles, Hawks & Owls category. Yay! Both of those are available in print, too.
11. I was feeling stumped this morning and getting frustrated, so when I made my lunch, I chose a yellow plate to put my sandwich on. It cheered me up. So there you go, when you’re feeling blue, pick yellow.
12. Today, this was going to be my 13. Just for laughs. Well, I thought it was funny. But then I thought it would offend people, so I kept typing.
13. I’m going to get back to work now!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants