It seems this is a ‘must-have’ for blogs anymore, so here’s mine:
100. I was born in 1971
99. In Lake Forest, Illinois
98. I have 1 brother and 2 sisters.
97. I have 1 mom and 2 dads.
96. My real father gave me (and my bro) up for adoption when I was 5’ish.
95. My stepdad adopted us both.
94. He really wasn’t around much, either.
93. I only remember a few things about my childhood.
92. I remember even less about my real dad.
91. I remember living in Utah and Florida as a kid, but I don’t know how long we were there, and I don’t remember school at either place.
90. I really don’t remember much at all.
89. I would like to see a doctor about my lack of memory, but I keep forgetting to make an appointment.
88. My mom had an orange mustang, and on a road trip I left crayons in the rear window area that all melted into one big colorful puddle.
87. My stepdad had a 66 Mustang GT that I always wanted to drive, just once, and he sold it just before I got my license. I’ve wanted one of my own ever since he rebuilt that one. I prayed he would give me that one for my birthday. heh.
86. I like cars, I like seeing the new models and challenge my photographic memory when I’m on the road by “naming that model”.
85. I love animals, but am allergic to just about all of ’em.
84. I wasn’t allergic to anything until the early 90’s.
83. I have a mild escalator phobia, and board them with caution.
82. I have grown to dislike being in public places with large numbers of people very, very much.
81. I used to have a fear of driving over bridges. I’m all better now in my Camry. :P (update 11/8/13 – I am not all better. I lied.)
80. I am most definitely afraid of heights. I can get up there without a problem, but I cannot look down without either wanting to throw up, wanting to jump, and wanting to pass out all at once.
79. I’ve been in love with my husband since 1989. (Written in 2005 — now 2013, we are now divorced.)
78. I have 2 daughters.
77. I’m an/was Army National Guard wife, and don’t know any of the other wives my husband was overseas with.
76. My husband was gone for 18 months – beginning in October, 2003, deployed to Iraq in March 2004, returned home in March 2005.
75. I thought about politics, war and God every moment of every day for 18 months straight.
74. I upgraded, demolished, rebuilt, re-organized and redecorated all but one room in our home while he was gone.
73. I painted commissions for other kids in high school, mostly album covers.
72. My art teacher thought I was a big doofus and I never got good grades in his class.
71. I was accepted to Columbia College in downtown Chicago in their Graphic Arts program but never went.
70. I lived in Oceanside, California for a little over 2 years.
69. I giggle every time I see this number.
68. I’ve been through this whole deployment thing before, Mark was in Desert Storm & Shield while I waited for him for over a year out in California.
67. I used to be an Executive Administrative Assistant (whoohoo) for a General Manager of a casino property. I thought that was a really cool job title to have.
66. I’m really happy not to have that title anymore.
65. I lost over 50 pounds while my husband was away.
64. I’ve gained back 10 since he’s been home.
63. I quit smoking in June 2005 cold turkey.
62. I was afraid to paint in oils. My husband bought me some for Christmas, and I tried them and hated them.
61. I tried again after he deployed, determined to learn it because he believed in me, as did two of my very dear artsy friends. I love painting in oils now.
60. I have carpel tunnel in my painting hand.
59. That scares the hell out of me.
58. I love being able to stay at home and be here for our kids.
57. Although only part Irish, I think I act like a flaming red head sometimes.
56. I love to laugh, and love to make other people laugh, even if it involves me making an ass of myself.
55. I have never broken a bone (not counting jamming a couple of toes).
54. I had my tonsils out when I was 25.
53. That’s the same age I had to stop wearing a bikini, because I got pregnant with our first daughter and my body has never been the same since.
52. I had a breast reduction when my husband was overseas. I went down 3 cup sizes and my back and shoulders thank me for it every day!
51. I love pens, markers and paintbrushes.
50. It’s cheaper for me to order art supplies online and pay for shipping than it is for me to go to the store and overspend on pens, markers and paintbrushes.
49. I love becoming friends with my clients.
48. I feel sad when my paintings go away and I never hear from them again.
47. I have had 4 tattoos. Only 3 of them are visible, one is a cover up for another.
46. The tattoo I covered up could have very well been left alone. I’d be okay with it now.
45. No I’m not going to say what it was. :P
44. My first car blew up when I was driving home from work one day, and I opened the door and jumped out of it because I couldn’t get it to stop rolling. Black smoke filled the air. No flames though, phew.
43. My second car was a stick shift, and I had to teach myself how to drive it.
42. I believe in God and the power of prayer.
41. I live 2 1/2 hours away from my family.
40. I’ve been married to and divorced from the same man, twice.
39. He’s better at remembering our current anniversary, I am better at remembering our first anniversary.
38. I like going to zoos, pet shops and shelters to visit critters.
37. If we didn’t have allergies, we would buy more property and probably have our own zoo.
36. I can’t do math without a calculator.
35. But I can paint really good!
34. I believe we all have a special talent/gift that each of us need to identify and use to the best of our abilities.
33. I believe that if you’re going to make a friend, it should be a lifelong friend.
32. I get more upset at myself for being thoughtless than my friends get at me for being thoughtless.
31. I can’t paint without music playing, but can’t hear the music when I’m in my zone.
30. I wrote a list of 100 Things I Love About My Husband for him, and I’m finding this list much more difficult to compile than that one.
29. I use a wireless trackball mouse that everyone else in my house thinks is really weird.
28. I do not like to shop for clothing for myself.
27. I am insanely critical over my own appearance and wish desperately that someone would invent a “flesh and fat eraser” to go with one of my cool pens.
26. I’ve worn a cross and chain almost every single day since I was a teenager. I feel awkward without it.
25. I have 5 holes in my ears for earrings and never wear them.
24. I was baptized (dunked) just 4 years ago.
23. My ultimate artistic dream is to sit with my best friend Paige in an Art Museum across from a collection of my works when we’re old ladies, and point and smile at the “remember when’s” of our youth.
22. I’ve never read a “Classic” cover to cover. I hated reading books people told me to read, I hated doing what I was told, period.
21. I just purchased 3 Classics and have been trying to read them, I swear! I intend to!
20. I’ve read the Left Behind series a couple of times.
19. I’m really not that interesting!
18. I use International Delight Fat Free French Vanilla creamer in my coffee.
17. I never add salt to anything.
16. I rarely cook anything from scratch anymore.
15. I’m a worry wort if I don’t hear from my good friends every week or so.
14. I get giddy when I see the first robin in spring every year.
13. I would love to move to a warmer climate.
12. I do not have a college education.
11. I started to go to college but halfway thru first semester I got pregnant with our first girl, and by the end of the year I couldn’t even sit in the desks.
10. I only have ten to go. YAY!
9. I wear glasses.
8. I rarely wear makeup.
7. I talk incessantly. Shut up.
6. I’m having a hard time counting backwards.
5. I do not like basements, at all.
4. I love the smell of freshly cut grass.
3. I love being barefoot.
2. I try to find something wonderful and fun about every day, and every possible moment.
1. I’m done! I did it. Whew. K. Thanks for reading this far. HEY! WAKE UP!!!!