Thirteen Things about Leanne, Thursday, April 13, 2006
My other Thirteens
We finished the harp, and it works! Cait is taking it to music class today to turn in. It’s not perfectly in tune, but we did take it down to the music store to get some help with tuning it.
That thing took me hours, and gave me blisters, and had me cussing – and sweating – and cussing s’more. I’ve done more math in the past week than I’ve done since high school Algebra. I told Cait that if she gets a good grade, it’s mine – and if she gets a bad grade she can keep it. ha! I’m totally gonna pass fourth grade this time! Dude! I’m so excited!
2. Our local zoo is having free admission this week – and they have a whole new “little” Austrailian Outback kind of area. The kids have a long weekend so we’ll probably go, and then you’ll get to look at even MORE photographs of critters!
3. Inbetween drill bit changes, jigsaw cuts and fine tuning – I did some landscaping this week. I think I may even have the beginning of a :gasp: tan! I picked up a bunch of mulch and river rock, and really went to town on some things I’ve been wanting to get done for a while in the yard. I’ll get pics after things start to bloom and it actually looks like something!
4. I finished developing one of my blog/website projects, ThursdayThirteen.com. It has also needed some fine tuning this week, but it’s fully functional now and the very first check-in entry is up, have you left your link there yet? We’re hoping everyone who participates (since it does vary from week to week) will check in with their links, and then you can go through comments and see if there’s anyone new you don’t normally visit. There has been a great response to the launch so far, and now I’m saving my pennies and checking my credit card balances to see if I can get one of everything in the merchandise store.
5. I have two more projects to work on, but I think – I think?! CAN I? Is it TIME? I think I am to a point now where I can PAINT again! on CANVAS even! WOAH. That’s freakin’ me out. I will have to ask the ants if I can work in my studio, they seem to have taken up residence in my skylight. (It would kinda suck to have them trapsing over one of my wet oil paintings, you know?) One more thing on the list of “things we gotta fix if we’re gonna sell the house and move.”
6. I really want to move. We like Tennessee and Alabama. Right now I am really leaning toward Alabama, because the twang is better there I think. That’s what it’s all about, anyway. The twang. And the slower pace. And the warmer weather, big tall trees, beautiful skylines, and a total lack of corn. Oh how I love anything that is not Illinois! Get me OUTTA HERE!
7. Yes, I’m taking my kid to the doctor. I had the appointment scheduled, and we’re all good, and the rash is looking better, and it figures – right? You always get better when you make an appointment! Except for when we went to the music store, and she was running, and I told her not to, and she took a nosedive into the pergo, and ouch! That hurt! Only no – it did NOT, because now I’m TICKED OFF because YOU TOLD ME NOT TO RUN and I GOT HURT and I HATE IT WHEN YOU’RE RIGHT, MOMMY! NO! I’M FINE! DON’T TOUCH ME!
The bloody nose is fine. The huge bump dead center on her noggin? Not sure about that. Glad we’ve got that appointment scheduled now, though.
8. The guy at the music store makes me feel like I stepped back into the 80’s. He’s got the rock & roll guy hair, long and stuff, and he’s got the guitar playing fingernails, but he is SO nice. So now I’m confused, because I’ve stereotyped them all along. They’re really not all party animals who only hang out with girls in g-strings. That’s like – really wierd. I’ve had a hard time wrapping my brain around that one – and I’ve caught myself creating scenarios during our conversations that he’s going to jump up onto the counter and break an electric guitar over something and throw it off into the aisles of sheet music.
I need therapy.
9. That baby bird photograph I took the other day? The little guy in our gutter? Well here’s the rest of that story. He hopped out of the gutter and made a sputtering topsy-turvy flight over to the swingset and proceeded to hop to and fro. He was new to flying, and I feared for his life. He was close to the fenceline, and I couldn’t bear to watch. I ushered the girls away into the driveway, I put my camera down and distracted myself doing something else. I have no idea if the bird made it, or became a mid-afternoon dog treat. I don’t want to know. I can’t think about it. Jeez will you please change the subject? This is really depressing. (That cat lives a block away, and was photographed separately, believe it or not!)
10. I found a house that I love. Here. It’s so pretty! I hope it’s still for sale in a year!
11. 8 bags of river rock + 4 bags mulch + camry nice big roomy trunk = everything fits great ÷ that’s really heavy stuff = tires rub against top of the wheel well, you moron. Way to break your new car! (No, I didn’t. It was touch and go there though, potholes and all that.)
12. Ben and Jerry’s Berried Treasure Sorbet is not only quiet delish, but it also makes you completely numb inside your whole mouth, and the pure coldness touches the very marrow of your bones and causes uncontrollable shivering in a 75 degree environment. How yummy is that!
13. Once again, trying to remember dreams to blog them in the new digs – suffering from CRS. I think I’ll just call that project a total flop and hope it’s like making a doctor’s appointment – everything suddenly gets better. I think I can I think I can, I think I can!
I wish you all a wonderful, pleasant, warm and sunny Easter weekend! Thanks for stoppin’ by!
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants
TECHNORATI TAG: Thursday Thirteen