My other Thirteens
2. My little Tuckerhead won a prize! Yes, he did. WHBF agrees that my dog is the best lookin’ dog on the planet. I sent them this photo (not the one below), and they think he’s the cutest dang dog! He won some really neat stuff that I have to go pick up. I’ll tell ya what it is later.
Here’s an example: My biological dad (sperm donor dude) pulled that crap with me, I was always calling him – and I gave up after a few years of calling him. That was over 10 years ago, and has he picked up the phone? Not a once. Yes, my calling him was “wanting something”, apparently. I only called him when I wanted something. You’re right, jerkhead, I wanted to know you cared. I wanted to know how you were doing. I wanted to get to know you. I’ll be sure never to do that again.
4. On a lighter note, I took this bada$$ photo yesterday afternoon. I know, I know. Birds. Me and my birds. I love my hummies, though. When’s the last time you saw a photograph of one with his landing gear down? That’s what I thought.
‘Nuff said. Please, go over and check it out, there’s a lotta good gossip goin’ on!
6. I received word that one of my first photography print orders arrived safely and that my client is uber pleased. Nothing makes me happier than reading those kinds-a e-mails! I’m happy you’re happy, and thank you for letting me make your walls a little brighter. Here’s the print she chose:
8. Did I tell you my back went out again? Oy. Well, if you weren’t here for the back-capades last year, here’s the scoop. This was my back nearly a year ago to the date. This year, when Chloe passed away I had another episode where L4 and L5 decided to tell me they hate me again. My doc gave me some really great meds, and beginning in 14 days, I start physical therapy. The funny thing is that I’ve been blowing off the whole therapy thing, and they’ve been like boot camp drill sergeants. Callin me, reminding me that I need it, making me go, calling and telling me when my appointments are, calling the insurance company and setting it all up since I’ve blown it off for a month. It feels kinda good, like they really give a hoot about me and my advanced degenerative disc disease. It’s sweet, really. I wish someone would do that about my nutrition and weight goals.
9. Speaking of weight goals, 14 days ’til restart. I have 25 Pounds2Go yet, standing still from spring when I said “It’s Summer? I don’t need no stinking diet!” I’m so proud of myself that I JUST SAID NO lastnight to the super yummy gooey chocolate cake in the fridge. I also JUST SAID NO to the yummy chocolate fudge swirl ice cream. Whew. One more year of that and I might lose a couple of pounds.
10. I’ve been designing my fool head off this week, diggin into the code. I gave The Shizzle a total makeover, tweaked things at the World of Bloggers Cookbook, upgrading and writing smilies packages for Shelli and got The Smilly Family designed and launched. I also completed that illustration for a design that I’ll be working on and launch in the next few days. Busy busy!
11. In my spare time, I enjoy knitting, scrapbooking, and…. (hahahhaaahahha! I crack myself up!)
12. Girls. School. 14 days. Uniforms this year. Excellent. $142 for both kids. Lovin’ uniforms.
13. The pool is comin’ down this weekend! It’s draining as I type. YAY for getting my yard back and not having to monitor chemicals and skim the bird droppings anymore this year!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants