My other Thirteens
2. I’m so in the dark about hairstyles. My 13 year old neice recently did my hair for me when she was visiting, and she used a straightening iron. Does it show my age that I didn’t even know there was such a thing? Oy. Now I have one. And it’s really neat, I think. I’m still figuring it out.
3. I picked up my photography from the museum last weekend. I said a long time ago that I’d post a pic of my peacock with the ribbon, so here it is (finally).
4. We still have the feeders full for the birds, and I’m suprised to still see quite a few Goldfinches stopping by to eat. This couple was here for breakfast the other morning:
5. We had 5 squirrels here all at the same time this week, too. 4 black and 1 gray, the gray one likes to climb the feeder poles and eat right from the source, the rest are happy to eat leftovers on the ground. This one, with the longest fingernails I’ve ever seen on a squirrel, was munching on leaves.
7. Have you ever gone looking for a kaleidoscope? I dare you. I thought (stupid me) that it would be an easy score, right in the kids party goods section. Right? Wrong. After stopping at 10 stores, Chickeymonkey held back big alligator tears that we couldn’t find one anywhere. The last resort (which is now going to become the first) – google. We googled kaleidoscopes, and found a specialty store online. Lucky Chickeymonkey, she now has a pshychedelic optical toy covered in monkeys.
8. I am slowly weaning off crack, which in my case are vanilla lattes. I was up to 5 a day there for a while, now I’m down to one in the morning. Seriously, the gals at the Java Hut must have snickered when they saw me jittering and needy begging for another bottle of French Vanilla Flavoring.
9. My studio is leaking. Again. Which means I need a new roof. Again. It’s not cheap, either. Things like this make me want to tear the whole house down and start over. Only in a new, improved location, with a really big piece of land in a warm climate.
11. I’ve been working on a forum for Thursday Thirteen (in my spare time, which is why it’s not live yet). This should be cool (she says, crossing her fingers, legs and eyes), because maybe once it’s active people will feel more a part of a community, sharing header graphics and info and things. That will be swell. I think.
12. Waiting for layers to dry has to be the one thing that truly tests my patience as an artist.
13. I shopped online yesterday. Imaginary shopping, I call it. I went to http://coldwatercreek.com and added all of the things I love to my shopping cart, and then proceeded to checkout, right up until you put a method of payment in there. Then I about died, because the total was UN•believably IN•sane. Thankfully, ’tis not the season to shop for myself, so I quickly emptied my cart and closed my browser window. Urge vanquished. I feel much better now.
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants