My other Thirteens
1. I have been a very bad blogger over the last week, and have missed several updates about several new friends. One thousand lashes with a wet noodle for me.
2. I trimmed and painted my toenails the other night, and in the process of trimming apparently I thought it would be fun to see if nail clippers worked on big chunks of skin! Yes, they do. They absolutely work on big chunks of skin. And afterwards? It hurts. So don’t do that.
3. I’m all about the pool, not only have I continued my laps in the mornings, but now I’m taking a gaggle of girls back for an hour in the evenings. I am now a sponge for chlorine, and purchased many special items to combat the signs of drying out and masking my new scent, Eau de Pool.
4. Now that the weather is getting cooler I’ve been sleeping longer, but worse. How is that? I toss and turn, have wierd dreams, wake up late and feel tired all day. Please explain this fall weather phenomenon.
5. I’ve worn a cross & chain for years. And years. The other day, my chain broke while I was swimming. My cross, thankfully, was easily found. Feels wierd to not be wearing it.
6. I’m horribly allergic to our guinea pig.
7. I took a picture of a bug that looks like a leaf, but haven’t even opened the images yet to show you. This is how my week has been going.
8. Tomorrow is “special person” day at school. I have two kids. One of them goes in the morning, and the special people should attend during that time. The other one has designated the afternoon as special person time, and you’re not allowed to bring children. Additionally, I have a pre-surgical consult tomorrow afternoon. So. That’s how my week is going to end, too.
9. I’ve been asked by my neighbors to (help) paint a mural on a wall in their church. They would like to have it done by Sunday Service. This Sunday.
10. I’m thinking about hiring a double. Anyone interested?
11. Slowly but surely, as long as I am a good girl and eat sensible things, I am losing the pounds I’ve put back on that I spent a year losing. I hate being sensible, and I love carbs. It’s a horrible combination for success.
12. I am playing with the idea of having a Pumpkin Carving Contest here on my blog over the next couple of weeks. Would that be fun? Would you submit your carving?
13. I bought a new toothbrush. Woohoo! I know. Pretty exciting stuff here. You’re better off just looking at the pretty pictures.
Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
TECHNORATI TAG: Thursday Thirteen